Formerly known as Management Team Member training, this course consists of almost entirely classroom instruction. Successful completion prepares the student to function adequately as a part of the management team for search and rescue incidents under the direct supervision of a Management Team Leader. Once completing the co-requisites the MTM certification is valid for a period of 3 years.
Purpose: Students will be introduced to the make-up and processes involved in managing a search incident. Skills taught include initial actions, map segmenting, task writing, task briefing/de-briefing, support roles and many other skills. Additionally they will learn how all the skills mesh together into a process to accomplish the goals set forth by Incident Action Plan for the incident.
- Minimum age: 18
- Affiliation with SAR response organization
- Search Team Member (volunteer SAR groups only) or
- SAR First Responder ( Law Enforcement/Fire/Rescue/EMS only)
- Must be proficient with map skills
- It is recommended that you complete the following National Incident Management System (NIMS) training from Emergency Management Institute Independent Study Courses prior to class: IS-200
Target Audience: Search Team Member (volunteer SAR groups only) or SAR First Responder ( Law Enforcement/Fire/Rescue/EMS only)
Weekend #1 (10/13-15/17) Weekend #2 (10/27-29/17)
Fri 1900-2200 Fri 1900-2200
Sat 0800-2100 Sat 0800-2100
Sun 0800-1700 Sun 0900-1700
Most classes have items that should be completed between weekends.
Location: Hungry Mother State Park, 2854 Park Blvd, Marion, VA 24354
Academic Support Technician
Date:October 13, 2017 – October 29, 2017
Time:Fri 1900-2200 Sat 0800-2100 Sun 0800-1700
Location:Hungry Mother State Park, 2854 Park Blvd, Marion, VA 24354
Course Manager:Candice Barnack